Television & MoviesEdit
- Hey Cinderella! makes its US premiere on ABC, APRIL 10
- SESAME STREET Season 2 begins on PBS, November 9
- The Great Santa Claus Switch on CBS, December 20
- SESAME Park begins airing
- Muppets perform "Octopus' Garden" on The Ed Sullivan Show, March 1
- The Muppets perform "Come Together" on The Ed Sullivan Show, APRIL 12
- KERMIT THE FROG performs "What Kind of Fool Am I?", with interruptions from Grover, on The Ed Sullivan Show, May 31
- Grover performs his Near & Far routine on The Tonight Show
- FRAN BRILL joins SESAME STREET.
- HEAHER HENSON is born, December 19.
- RICHARD HUNT joins Muppets, Inc.
- JERRY NELSON joins Muppets, Inc. full-time.
- MATT VOGEL is born, October 6.
- BIG BIRD appears on the cover of Time magazine, November 23
- Muppets & Ed Sullivan appear on the cover of TV Guide, December 12
- "RUBBER DUCKIE" reaches number 16 on Billboard’s "Hot 100 Singles" chart
- "The SESAME STREET Book & Record" peaks at number at #23 on Billboard’s Top LP’s chart, & was certified Gold (sales of 500,000 copies) by the RIAA.
- The Great Santa Claus Switch - Thig, Thig, Snake Frackle, Scoff (early Gonzo), Boppity, Gloat, Scoff, Snivelly (early Droop), Miss Kitty, various Blue Snerfs
- SESAME STREET - HERRY MONSTER, Sherlock Hemlock, Mr. Johnson, Simon Soundman, Herbert Birdsfoot, Little Jerry & the Monotones, Granny Fanny Nesselrode, Farley, various Twiddlebugs
- Hey Cinderella! - Featherstone
|Previous page:||Next page:|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.