Ward first made contact with SESAME STREET in 1982 through executive producer, Dulcy Singer, who turned out to be her aunt’s cousin. Ward approached her about a job in production since Ward had a job as a producer of TV & radio commercials, but Singer said there weren’t any. However, Singer was looking for new writing talent since SESAME STREET was airing 130 shows annually. Singer told Ward to spend a month studying the show & then write something for her. A month later, Ward returned with 4 inserts. 2 of the inserts eventually aired on the show. For 2 years, Ward essentially auditioned for a spot on the writing staff & eventually found her way into the writing rotation.
In 2008, Ward briefly became 1 of the show’s head writers for Season 39 with Lou Berger. She has scripted celebrity appearances on the show, including John Goodman, Diane Sawyer & the New York Jets.
She is also the co-creator of The Upside-Down Show with the comedy duo The Umbilical Brothers.
Ward is a graduate of Cornell & New York University, holding a Master’s degree in Fiction Writing from the latter.
SESAME STREET Song CreditsEdit
- Ace & Avery theme (with Russell Kassoff) (Big Bag inserts)
- Gink Bath (with Joseph Carroll & Peter Thom) (The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss)
- Wickersham Chant (with Joseph Carroll & Peter Thom) (The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss)
- Belinda Ward on IMDb
- "Belinda Ward, Writer, Wed", The New York Times, August 27, 1990.
- SESAME Workshop Announces New Development Slate Led by Children’s TV Vet Liz Nealon, press release, APRIL 6, 2005.
- Belinda Ward on the Muppet Wiki
- Belinda Ward on the OSCAR THE GROUCH Wiki
|Previous page:||Next page:|