Louise Gold (b. August 19th 1956) is an actress & Muppeteer who has done extensive stage work in Britain (especially in musical theatre), as well as being a recurring Muppeteer in various Muppet productions. She was the only British member of The Muppet Show performing team. She joined the Muppet Team in 1977 during season 2 of The Muppet Show. Sooner or later, she became a performer on SESAME STREET. Her most well known characters on the show was young & aspiring pig Annie Sue.
While on The Muppet Show, she frequently worked as assistant to JIM HENSON when performing characters that needed more than 1 person. Gold has also been teamed w/ JERRY NELSON often times over the years in various productions,especially for musical numbers. She commented on this, saying: "I guess people think we sound good together!"
In the Muppet Show Fan Club newsletter (Volume 3, No 1, 1981), the 5'9" tall performer described the hiring process: "They were looking for a girl strong enough & tall enough to manipulate the puppets. I think I was chosen for my size, not my talent!"
As a puppeteer, she went on to become a founding member of the team behind the satirical TV show Spitting Image.
Her most recent stage credits (as a singer actress in musical theater) include Tanya in Mamma Mia, Mrs. Doasyouwouldbedoneby in The Waterbabies, Baroness Bomburst in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Miss Andrew in Mary Poppins, & Mrs. Sowerberry/Mrs. Bedwin in Oliver!.
As a cabaret puppeteer, she has attempted to bring together both strands of her career, particularly in her own cabaret act LOUISE GOLD...By Appointment.
GOLD has not Muppeteered in a major Muppet production in recent years, although in August of 2010, she led the JIM HENSON’s Camden walk. In the February 2013 issue of Empire, James Bobin confirmed that LOUISE GOLD will perform in Muppets Most Wanted & that her character Annie Sue will be in the movie.
- The Muppet Show: Afghan Hound, African Mask (Water), Annie Sue, Beakie (episode 307: Alice Cooper), Zelda Rose, Lou, Fish Singer, Mildred Huxtetter (episode 204: Rich Little & episode 305: Pearl Bailey)
- The Great Muppet Caper: Lou & Annie Sue
- The Muppets Go to the Movies: Popcorn Girl
- The Dark Crystal: SkekAyuk (Muppetry only)
- The Tale of the Bunny Picnic: Mother
- The Ghost of Faffner Hall: Fughetta Faffner
- The Muppet Christmas Carol: Mrs. Dilber, Cockney Woman
- SESAME STREET: PRUNELLA, SALLY MESSY YUCKYAEL, Maria, Ethel Mermaid, Louisey, Mrs. Frazzle, Renata Scottie, Diva, Super Nanny, The Grand Royal Square Lover, "Anyone's Nose" singer, Charmin', Bob Lackey, the Princess with the Pea, Bonnie Rabbit,
- The Secret Life of Toys: Hortense, Raisin,Daffodil
- The Animal Show: Bunnie Bear (after season 1), Tizzy (after season 1), Rhonda Rat, Trudy the Chimpanzee, Natasha the Tarantula, Doreen the Camel, Phoenicia the Hippopotamus, Winnie the Wasp, Monica the Musk Ox, Lulu the Potto, Alicia the Volcano Rabbit, Alicia the Snail, Mavis the Frog, Julie the Flamingo, Alana the Baboon, Virginia the Red Fox, Vic the Monitor Lizard, Stella the Stoat, Kiki the Rattlesnake, Hortense the Hornbill, Gilda the Gorilla
- Muppet Treasure Island: Tourist Rat
- Alice in Wonderland: Guinea Pigs, Flowers
- Animal Farm: Mabel the chicken (voice)
- Mopatop’s Shop: Meesey Mouse, Princess Lulabelle, Phoebe the Fortune Teller, Shula the Shark
- That Puppet Game Show
- Muppets Most Wanted: Annie Sue
- The Furchester Hotel: Funella Furchester
- Louise Gold is left-handed, & Annie Sue, is an example of 1 of the few right-handed Muppet characters. Louise always puppeteered Annie Sue’s head with her left hand, & used her right for Annie Sue’s right hand (any pictures which show otherwise would have been flipped). There was however 1 scene in episode 302 when Annie was puppeteered right-handed, namely for the number "Carbon Paper". The reason for this was that her rather inexperienced regular puppeteer wasn’t actually puppeteering her in that scene (Muppeteer veteran FRANK OZ was filling in).
- Louise Gold on IMDb
- Fan page with extensive info
- Fan page with extensive info.
- Emma Shane’s Interview with Gold
- BBC News - Louise Gold: Meet the British 'Muppeteer' (2012-01-26) video
- Muppet Performers
- Muppet Puppeteers
- Muppet Voice Actors
- Miscellaneous Cameos
- Louise Gold on the Muppet Wiki
- Louise Gold on the Puppet Wiki
- Louise Gold on the OSCAR THE GROUCH Wiki
- Louise Gold on the Left Handed Wiki
|Previous page:||Next page:|
|Lou Berger||Love in the JUNKyard|