Luis G. Santeiro (b. October 9, 1947) is a Cuban-American playwright & television writer who has been a member of the SESAME STREET writing staff since 1978. In this role he has shared a number of Emmys won for Best Writing in a Children’s Series.
His other work for Children’s Television Workshop includes penning SESAME STREET, Special, writing lyrics for a number of songs including "Dentist of Seville" & "Todos un Pueblo", & developing the Troubles the Cat segments on BIG Bag.
Santeiro may be best known for creating the bilingual 1970s television sitcom Qué Pasa USA? & in August 2017 published his memoir Dancing with Dictators: A Family’s Journey from Pre-Castro Cuba to Exile in the Turbulent Sixties.
- A is for Asthma (video)
- A New Baby in MY House (video)
- The Alphabet Game (video)
- Rosita’s Block Party (book)
- Sing-Along Earth Songs (video)
- SESAME STREET: 25 WONDERFUL Years (video)
- SESAME STREET Special (pledge-drive special)
- BIG BIRD’s SUNNY Day Camp Out (stage show)
SESAME STREET Song CreditsEdit
|Previous page:||Next page:|
|Luba Merquick||Lutz Mackensy|