Lynne Thigpen (1948 – 2003) was an actress & singer who performed the voice of Luna on Bear in the BIG Blue House. In Season 29 of SESAME STREET, she guest starred as the WASA training officer in the multi-episode story arc in which SLIMEY goes to the moon.
A veteran of stage & screen, Thigpen is well remembered for her role as the Chief in the PBS game show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (1991 - 1996, with Greg Lee) & its short-lived spin-off Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego? (1996 - 1997). Her film debut was in the 1973 movie version of the musical Godspell. Often cast as dignified but strong-willed professionals & authority figures, she subsequently played key supporting roles in the movies Tootsie (1982, with Dustin Hoffman), Lean on Me (1989, with Morgan Freeman), Bob Roberts (1982), Bicentennial Man (1999, with Robin Williams, as a future President of the United States), Novocaine (2001, with Steve Martin), & Anger Management (2003). In series TV, she played Nancy in the Tony Randall sitcom Love, Sidney (1982 - 1983), D. A. Thomas on L.A. Law , Judge Ida Boucher in 3 episodes of Law & Order, & most notably, the efficient police expert Ella Farmer on The District, from 2000 until her death in 2003.
- Noel MacNeal recommended Thigpen for the role of Luna, having worked with her previously on The Puzzle Place.
- Muppet Central’s Tribute to Lynne
- The Lynne Thigpen/Bobo Lewis Foundation
- Lynne Thigpen on Internet Broadway Database
- Lynne Thigpen for the IMDb
- Lynne Thigpen for the Muppet Wiki
- Lynne Thigpen for the OSCAR THE GROUCH Wiki
|Previous page:||Next page:|