RUMPEL was added to Sesamstrasse in 1989 alongside Buh & Samson. The German GROUCH was to replace deemed negative characters such as Uli von Bödefeld & OSCAR THE GROUCH: quite a few critics weren’t fond of the American SESAME STREET set. German kids didn’t grow up in a suburb full of TRASH CANS. After a few years of absence, the insert scenes of OSCAR THE GROUCH returned.
- RUMPEL started out with a dark green nose, which became a dark, rusty orange in later seasons.
- RUMPEL, along with other international SESAME STREET characters, appeared on the cover of SESAME STREET Magazine in October 2004. RUMPEL’s uncle Professor Rumprad Guse invented the very 1st ever GROUCH computer.
- RUMPEL, at 1 point, had a superhero alter-ego, similar to Super Grover.
- International SESAME STREET Characters
- GROUCH Gallery
- OSCAR’s FAMILY
- RUMPEL on the Muppet Wiki
- RUMPEL on the Puppet Wiki
- RUMPEL article on the OSCAR THE GROUCH Wiki
|Previous page:||Next page:|
|Rufus||RUMPEL’s RAIN BARREL|