|Songs from||SESAME STREET|
|Cat no.||CS 1069|
The SESAME STREET Book & Record is the very first record album of SESAME STREET material ever released. It was recorded in APRIL 1970, at the end of the show’s first season, & was released later that summer. The album was originally packaged in a gatefold sleeve that contained a full-color poster teaching parts of the body & a 24-page book featuring illustrations by Brian Cranner, as well as lyrics to all of the songs. It was also released simultaneously in a less expensive edition with a different cover, no book, & no poster. The songs from this album were also released on 9 consecutively numbered 45-rpm, 7-inch records. The first 6 of these were also available in a "Carry About" boxed set, & the final 3 were also available as a set.
The album peaked at #23 on Billboard’s Top LP’s chart in 1970, & was certified GOLD (sales of 500,000 copies) by the RIAA. It also won a Grammy Award for BEST Recording for Children. It was subsequently reissued many times (without the book or poster), first on Columbia under several different titles & covers, then on other labels (see below for details). It was also later issued as part of the 1977 2-LP set SESAME STREET GOLD!.
The entire album was released on CD for the first time under the title The SESAME STREET Record, as part of the 3-disc set Old School: Volume 1 on March 23, 2010, along with BIG BIRD Sings! & BERT & ERNIE Sing-Along.
- SESAME STREET Theme - The Entire Cast
- ABC-DEF-GHI - BIG BIRD
- I’ve Got Two - BIG BIRD & OSCAR THE GROUCH plus everybody including Mr. Hooper
- Goin' for a Ride - The Anything People
- What Are Kids Called - Bob & Susan
- Everybody Wash - ERNIE & BERT
- One of These Things - Bob & Susan
- Up & Down - 2 Monsters
- BEIN' GREEN - KERMIT THE FROG
- Somebody Come & Play - The Kids
- I LOVE TRASH - OSCAR THE GROUCH
- A Face - Bob
- J Jump - The Kids
- The People in Your Neighborhood - Bob & The Anything People
- Rub Your Tummy - Gordon
- Number 5 - The Kids
- Five People in My Family - Anything People
- Nearly Missed - Susan
- RUBBER DUCKIE - ERNIE
- A woman’s voice: "Here are some more sounds. Listen."
- (sounds of 3 bells ringing 1 at a time, followed by a trumpet playing)
- (sounds of 3 dogs barking 1 at a time, followed by a cat meowing)
Then the closing music plays on all versions.
- Although the spine & cover call this album The SESAME STREET Book & Record, the actual label simply says SESAME STREET.
- On the Old School: Volume 1 release, the original cover is featured, but altered so that the sign simply says The SESAME STREET Record & has a pink round "sticker" that says "Features RUBBER DUCKIE."
- On Side 2, after "RUBBER DUCKIE", there is a short track where the cast tells the listener goodbye. Although this track is not listed on the LP or album cover, the 8-track lists it as "Tag".
- Matt Robinson as Gordon
- Loretta Long as Susan
- Bob McGrath as Bob
- Will Lee as Mr. Hooper
- JIM HENSON as ERNIE & KERMIT THE FROG
- FRANK OZ as BERT & COOKIE MONSTER
- CAROLL SPINNEY as BIG BIRD & OSCAR THE GROUCH
- & the voices of the kids: Lois Winter, Ana Isa Otis, Clyde Otis Jr., Althea Jackson, Todd Graff, Tom Spiro, Andrea Giglio, Christine Winter
- Album Produced by Thomas Z. Shepard
- Album edited by James Timmens
- Engineering by Frank Laico & Ed Michalski
- Executive director: Joan Ganz Cooney
- Executive producer: David Connell
- Musical director: Joe Raposo
- Visuals by Brian Cranner
- Music coordinator: Danny Epstein
- Written by JEFF MOSS
- Words & Music Mostly by JEFF MOSS & Joe Raposo
- Project Supervisor: Arthur Shimkin
- ↑ JIM HENSON’s Red Book entry, 4/1970 - Record 1st SESAME STREET cast album.
- ↑ Billboard: Col Bows SESAME STREET Cast LP/ Book Package - June 20, 1970
- SESAME STREET discography
- The SESAME STREET Book & Record for the Muppet Wiki
- The SESAME STREET Book & Record for the OSCAR THE GROUCH Wiki
|Previous page:||Next page:|
|The Real Housewives||The SESAME STREET Songbook|